The Humphrey Fellowship Program
The Humphrey Fellowship Program is a one-year NON-DEGREE program of combined academic and professional development opportunities in the United States. The Fellowship program is meant for mid-level professionals in leadership positions working in either public or private sector.
Fellowship fields for Russian applicants:
* agricultural development/agricultural economics
* economic development/finance and banking;
* educational administration, including planning and policy;
* HIV/AIDS policy and prevention;
* human resource management;
* law and human rights;
* natural resources and environmental management;
* public health policy and managment;
* public policy analysis and public administration;
* teaching of english as a foreign language (teacher training or curriculum development);
* finance and banking;
* trafficking in persons, policy and prevention * technology policy and management;
* urban and regional planning;
* substance abuse education, treatment and prevention.
Eligibility requirements for this competitive program:
* Russian citizenship;
* a first university degree (Bachelor's degree) as a minimum;
* at least FIVE YEARS of progressive professional experience;
* good potential for leadership in one's field;
* a commitment to public service in a wide variety of fields;
* good English language proficiency (TOEFL scores no lower than 525/paper-based and 195/computer-based)
All applicants should take the TOEFL
Who is ineligible to apply?
* Recent graduates (even if they have significant positions);
* faculty members with no management responsibilities;
* individuals with recent U.S. or third country experience (more than 6 months within the last 5 years);
* individuals with dual U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status.
DO NOT apply if you want to pursue an advanced academic degree in the U.S. (this is a NON-DEGREE program) or if you want to attend a specific U.S. university.
Applications must include academic transcripts and English language translations of all non-English documents.
Additional information and application forms (please call first) are available at the American Embassy, Public Affairs Section, Bolshoy Devyatinskiy per., 8, 121099 Moscow or on the U.S. Embassy home page (http://www.usembassy.ru). The Embassy contact telephone number for the Public Affairs Section is (495) 728-5365