A COMPLETE APPLICATION includes 2 SETS of DOCUMENTS: ONE in ENGLISH and ONE in RUSSIAN.
• Documents in Russian should be sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email as a Word document attachment. Documents in English should be either submitted on-line or sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email as a Word document attachment. The 2016-2017 Visiting Scholar Application Form and Application Cover Sheet are submitted in English only.
• Documents should be submitted electronically, i.e. on-line and via email. However, additionally a number of HARD COPIES must be sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via regular mail. They are:
1. Originals of all recommendation letters, one copy of each;
2. Original invitation, one copy;
3. Application Cover Sheet completed in English, with an applicant’s photo attached, one copy;
4. A new standard size envelope with the applicant’s address signed (please remember to indicate the postal index).
• As an exception, we can accept applications that are entirely paper generated (hard copies). In this case, both the English and Russian language application packets, one copy of each, should be sent to the Moscow office via regular mail.
• If the only way you submit your application, both in English and Russian, is via email as Word document attachments, please put together in one file all paperwork in English, and collect all paperwork in Russian in the second one. Both files should be strictly Word documents no more than 500 KB each.
• Documents that are sent via email, including recommendation letters and invitations, cannot be scanned. They should be printed Word documents.
• WE DO NOT ACCEPT ARCHIVE FILES.
• that are being sent via email. First type your family name followed by the first letters of your first and mid names, then type the word Application and, in conclusion, designate the language of the document, either Eng or Rus. For instance: Ivanov E.E._Application_Eng; Ivanov E.E._Application_Rus. the Russian language part of the application sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email should be similarly named. Please remember to include in your Russian language set of electronic documents the Application Cover Sheet completed in English, without a photo.
Email applications should be sent to:
Please send hard copies to:
125009 Moscow, Tverskoy Boulevard, 14, stroenie 1, 4th Floor
• An electronic application MUST include:
1. The 2016-2017 Visiting Scholar Application Form, in English only; please submit on-line or send to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email.
2. Application Cover Sheet, in English only. In an electronic form should be included in the Russian language Word application packet sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email. As a hard copy Hard copy is sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via regular mail.
3. Short (0.5 page) and Detailed (3-5 pages) Project Statements in English and Russian. Please remember to give a title to your project. The English language project can be submitted on-line or sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email; the Russian language project should be sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email.
4. Bibliography in English and Russian, 1-3 pages long. The English language Bibliography can be submitted on-line or sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email; the Russian language document should be sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email.
5. Detailed Curriculum Vitae with a List of Publications attached, in English and Russian, 1-6 pages long. The English language document can be submitted on-line or sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email; the Russian language document should be sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email.
6. Three recommendation letters (reference reports), in English and Russian. Letters in English can be submitted on-line or sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email; the Russian language document should be sent to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email.
7. Letter of invitation, if available, in English only. Should be submitted on-line or sent to the Moscow Fulbright office via email.
NB! The Russian Language Part of the application:
- Application Cover Sheet in English, without a photo
- Project Summary and Detailed Project
- CV and Publication List
- Letters of Recommendation
should be submitted to the Moscow Fulbright Office via email as a single Word document attachment not exceeding 500 KB. The file should be titled and entirely typed - no scanned documents included!
- English Language Proficiency Report
- Financial Support
- J-1 or J-2 Visa.
If you choose to submit any of the above supplemental documentation, please ensure that each of the files be no heavier than 500 KB to avoid difficulty when we work with them.
• All paperwork submitted on-line should be in English only. Please be very careful not to type any letters or signs with the Russian keyboard, such as N (number). In English, Number can be designated as N or No. The word Page can be shortened to p. or pp. in the plural. Please double check whether you type the English language M, T, C as these letters look identically in both languages.
• In Bibliography and Publication List all titles and publishing house names should be TRASNLATED, not transliterated. Also, do not compile a mix of Russian and English names; the lists should be entirely English or entirely Russian all through.
• Same is true of the recommendation letters: It is unacceptable to give Russian and English texts in one document.
TO ENSURE CORRECT COMPLETION OF THE APPLICATION, READ CAREFULLY THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED IN THE VISITING SCHOLAR SECTION ON OUR WEBPAGE www.fulbright.ru INCLUDING THE FILE “Information and Instructions”. PAY EQUAL ATTENTION TO ALL OF THE GUIDELINES PROVIDED ON-LINE.
We ask that you adhere to the Moscow Office instructions and guidelines. In case of any differences between the Moscow Office and on-line instructions you should follow the Moscow Office guidelines as designated specifically for this country.
Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline (July 15, 2014) will not be considered. NB! Applications without recommendation letters and/or without the Russian language components ARE INCOMPLETE.
Do not staple the printed pages.
The entire application must be typed or computer-generated. Use 10-point or larger type on all parts of the application. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
Proofread the entire application before submitting it to your local Fulbright organization. The application should be free of grammatical and spelling errors.
Treat the application as a unitary whole, with all parts reinforcing the project statement. The flow should be orderly: your capabilities should be listed in the application, further documented in the curriculum vitae and confirmed in the references. Use the project statement to make the parts interact by referring to items in the curriculum vitae or research bibliography. Without being redundant or simplistic, you should make it easier for the reviewer to find the key pieces of information you wish to convey.
Application forms and all competition materials are free and can be copied.
We do not return to applicants applications or any of their parts.
Only documents listed as obligatory or supplemental will be considered.
The Fulbright Program has a right to check the information provided by an applicant. If incorrect information or distorted facts are revealed an applicant will be barred from further participation in the competition.
The Fulbright Program has a right to request supplemental documentation at any time during the competition.
Responses to questions on the application forms must fit on the pages on which the questions originally appear. Do not attach additional pages to answer these questions.
Do not change the format of the forms, the pagination, the fonts or the type size.
KEEP COPIES OF ALL COMPETITION DOCUMENTS FOR YOUR PERSONAL FILE.