Applicants must possess all of the following qualifications in order to be eligible:
- Russian citizenship and current residence in Russia starting January 01, 2017.
Persons applying for or holding permanent residence in the U.S.A. are not eligible.
Persons who are citizens of both Russia and the United States are also ineligible.
- Kandidatskaya or doctoral degree in the Humanities, Social, Hard and Natural Sciences.
- Proficiency in English appropriate for carrying out in the U.S. the proposed lecturing or research project.
The English language competence will be checked at the Round 2 in-person interview.
- THERE IS NO AGE LIMIT.
- Fulbright Grantees enter the United States on an Exchange Visitor (J-1) visa under a Department of State program and are subject to the two-year home-country residence requirement associated with the J-1 visa.
- New U.S. government regulations may also limit reentry as a J-1 researcher or professor. Grantees (J-1 visa holders) and their accompanying dependents (J-2 visa holders) who have held J status and been physically present in the United States for 6 months or more are not eligible to apply for reentry as J-1 researchers or professors for 24 months following departure from the United States.
- Fulbright Program Alumni may take part in the 2018-19 competition. They do not have any privileges in the competition.
- Sound physical and mental health.
- Applicants must not be affiliated with a commercial institution as their full-time employment.
- Only individual proposals are accepted. For those in Dance, Music, Painting, and Theatre only lecturing grants for conducting master classes are available. Applicants in Creative Writing can apply with proposals focused on writing, presentations of their literary work, and participation in workshops.
- Applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, age, and/or physical impairment.
- Preference is given to those without recent experience in the United States.
- Applicants should be representative and responsible citizens who can contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture of their own countries and thereby contribute to understanding between the people of the United States and their country. They should also demonstrate the cross-cultural sensitivity and flexibility needed to adjust successfully to life in the United States.
- attending conferences,
- completing doctoral dissertations,
- travel and consultation at multiple institutions,
- clinical medical research involving patient contact.*
EXCEPTIONS are made for applicants in Architecture, Communications, Creative Writing, Library\Museum\Archiev Science, and Urban Planning, as well as painters and performers in Music, Theatre, and Dance. All of these should have higher education and no less than 5 years of work experience in the selected field.
In addition you should note the following conditions affecting review and selection of candidates:
Grants are not for the principal purpose of:
*Note to medical doctors: The U.S. Department of State has designated the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) as the sole agency authorized to sponsor alien physicians for internship, residency and specialized clinical training in the United States. Fulbright grantees cannot simultaneously be sponsored by ECFMG; therefore, proposals for medical research involving clinical training, patient care or patient contact cannot be approved under the Fulbright Program.
Application forms are distributed free of charge and can be copied.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No application materials will be returned either during or after the competition.
Fulbright Program reserves the right to check any information given in the application documents. In case any discrepancy with real facts will be revealed the applicant participation in the Fulbright Competition will be suspended.
Notarization of the competition documents is not required.
No materials other than those on the checklist will be considered.
Applicants should keep an additional copy of their complete application for their records.
You should inform the Moscow office of your participation in other current grant programs for 2018-19 ac.year.