2011 Small Grants for Russian Fulbright Alumni
The Fulbright Program in Russia is pleased to announce a small-grants competition that is open to all Russian alumni of the program. Funding for these grants comes from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. State Department, with support from the U.S. Embassy in Moscow.
Small grants will be awarded to support short-term projects that enhance and promote the Fulbright Program in Russia. Alumni are encouraged to use their imagination and creativity in developing proposals that meet the following general guidelines:
1. The project must be outwardly focused and prominently incorporate the Fulbright name.
2. One or more alumni must be in charge of the project.
3. The grant cannot be used to fund international travel.
4. Individual projects will generally be supported up to a maximum of $1000 each including tax. The grants are approved on a rolling basis and will be paid in rubles.
5. Priority will be given to those alumni who have not received Small Grants in the last few years.
Possible projects include but are not limited to: organizing local or regional meetings such as small conferences and round tables for Fulbright alumni and others interested in participating in the Fulbright program; establishing local Fulbright alumni groups (Fulbright clubs); developing interactive real or virtual on-line communities; setting up local or regional exhibitions based on the work of Fulbright grantees; creating methodological materials; planning regional activities aimed at recruiting applicants for Fulbright grants; organizing activities that promote the Fulbright vision to increase mutual understanding among the peoples of Russia and the USA. Whenever possible, applicants are encouraged to link their projects with other Russian institutions (universities, institutes, American Centers and Corners, libraries, museums) that will allow for broader audiences.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but must be submitted by March 01, 2011. While funding decisions will be made on a rolling basis, all grant funds must be distributed by June 01, 2011. Applicants who have not been awarded a grant and received funding by this date will need to re-apply for the next small grant competition, which will be announced during the 2011-2012 academic year. All projects selected for funding must be completed by June 01, 2012.
Applications must be submitted via e-mail and include the following (all documents are in the attachment):
1. A Cover Page
2. One-page Description of the Proposed Project (in Russian).
3. One-page Proposed Budget for the Project with a detailed list of expenditures (in Russian). Make sure to include any and all sources of cost sharing.
In some cases, the Fulbright office may request additional information before making a final decision regarding funding.
Those receiving grants will be required to submit a brief final report and account for expenditure of grant funds upon completion of the project.
Questions and requests for additional information should be addressed to the Fulbright Program office in Moscow (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Small Grant Application Cover Sheet.doc||49.5 Кбайт|
|Description of the Proposed Project.doc||22 Кбайт|
|Proposed Budget for the Project.xls||30.5 Кбайт|