Applicants must possess all of the following qualifications in order to be eligible:
(Russian applciants need to read Russian version of the website: http://www.fulbright.ru/ru/russians/vgseligibility )
- Citizenship and permanent resident status qualifying the applicant to hold a valid passport issued in the country in which the application is made. Persons applying for or holding permanent residence in the United States are not eligible. Persons who are citizens of both a partner country and the United States are also ineligible. Fulbright Grantees enter the United States on an Exchange Visitor (J-1) visa under a Department of State program and are subject to the two-year home-country residence requirement associated with the J-1 visa.
- Higher education (certified Bachelor or MA degree or Diploma of Specialist) or for those who will graduate in summer 2017 - official confirmation (Spravka) from their university administration certifying applicant’s coming graduation.
- English Language skills enough to study or conduct research in US.
- Date of birth not earlier than May 15, 1987.
- For more details about the programs for Russian participants please read Russian version of this website: http://www.fulbright.ru/ru/russians/vgseligibility